Job Objective/ Purpose of Job:
To coordinate the formulation, design, review and implementation of the country business development and growth strategy and ensure alignment with group strategy.
Business Development & Growth
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Functionally Reports To: CEO
Administratively Reports To: CEO
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
• Sales of products, solutions and services to financial institutions, corporate and government institutions including but not limited to revenue collections solutions, payment products, technology infrastructure products for banks, Card products and services.
• Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the Payment Solutions and Touchpoints & Devices business strategies and plans in order to maximize shareholder returns as well as optimize stakeholder interests.
• Manage the relationship with customers – Financial Institutions, Corporate and Government Institutions, Card Issuers, Acquirers and Merchants.
• Manage complex business deals; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
• Oversee the project implementation and business operations and service delivery to ensure client/customer satisfaction.
• Identify critical initiatives required to tap synergy and forge implementation of the group’s diversification and growth strategy.
• Develop and communicate periodic financial and non-financial reports to effectively monitor the activities of business areas under supervision to the CEO
• Developing and implementing the marketing strategies for the different products, solutions and services under the business development and growth portfolio.
• Develop Business Case Analysis for the justification of new products and services and oversee the research and information gathering process for existing and new products and services.
• Provide market intelligence information on products, solutions and services and own the products strategy and positioning process in alignment with group.
• Prepare Quarterly Balance Scorecards for departments team members.
• Set, manage, and communicate performance standards & KPI’s for the department.
• Define and agree key targets for business development & growth in alignment with group.
• Showcasing at conferences in and outside Uganda and the East African region.
• Coordinating the response to Request for Proposals, Request for Information, Expression of Interest and other similar requisite documents demanded from prospective clients within and outside Uganda for the East African region.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the CEO
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
• Achieving and surpassing revenue targets
• % growth in market share
• Customer satisfaction levels
• Zero complaints from customers
• Growth in customers and number of new products existing or new customers are using
• Number of new product, solutions or services initiatives
• Quality of RFI’s and RFP’s developed
• Projects delivery and execution
• Conformity to procedures and standards
• Quality of business intelligence information
• Quality of Business Case Analysis developed
• Enhancing the processes and development of the division through ideas and innovative was of working
• Achieving training and developmental goals of staff in the division
• Manpower adequacy and employee retention
• Business continuity and succession planning
First degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration or any related discipline.
Post graduate degree (MBA) will be an added advantage.
Not mandatory but recognised
Experience: 8 years relevant experience, of which at least four (4) must have been at a management level
4 years+ in the Electronic Payments industry or and 4years+ in the Information Technology industry and optional 2 years’ experience in the transaction switching and processing industry
• Leadership Training
• Miller Heiman Sales Training series
Machinery/equipment require for optimal job performance:
• Laptop with internet access and Email System
• Goldmine System
• Conceptual and Strategic selling skills
• Deep understanding of strategic and financial management with relevant experience in ICT/e-commerce industry
• Ability to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, issues and solutions
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Excellent relationship building and networking skills
• Business Writing and presentation skills
• Strategic Selling skills
• Business Development skills
• Customer Relationship Management skills
• Account Management skills
• Performance management skills
• Very strong organizational, leadership and people management skills
• Strong appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
• In depth knowledge of payment systems
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi –task
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Adaptive to change
• Client facing attitude and approach
• Team work and collaboration
• Deductive Reasoning
• Problem analysis and problem solving abilities
• Leadership and people management
• Decision Making
• Highly attentive to detail
• Innovation & Creativity
• Result oriented/quality focused disposition
• Strong ethical standards and high level of integrity
• Technical knowledge of the specific area of assignment and of overall company activities
• In-depth Knowledge of all company products